IIDA Portfolio Review and career Day 2018
IIDA NC Silicon Valley City Center Portfolio Review and Career Day is an annual event connecting design students and professionals to help build strong future of our community.
Here is what to expect:
- Design professionals from a variety of firms review student portfolios and provide feedback and an opportunity to network.
- Teams of designers and HR professionals review resumes and provide multi-directional feedback.
- “Anatomy of Portfolio” workshop teaches students without portfolios how to put together a complete portfolio package
- “Interview 101” features senior design professionals who regularly conduct interview and advice on what they are looking for.
- “Designasours” is a group of veteran design professionals providing a long view of our industry and inspiration on surviving and thriving in change.
- Best in Show Awards based on reviewer votes with gift card prizes
- Raffle of sponsor-donated products and a grand prize of 11X17 COLOR PRINTER (must be present to win)
- Breakfast and lunch will be served.
- First 30 students to arrive receive goody bags.
This event benefits both students and professionals – students prepare to enter professional positions and professionals get an early pick of future interns and employees. Students in the initial stages of interior design education get a glimpse of what awaits them and how to prepare, and those close to graduation receive key insights and constructive criticism to facilitate a transition from student to professional.
By donating your time and providing your valued advice you ensure the bright future of our industry. We need your commitment by March 31st so don’t wait, register now!
Register early by April 9th for the best deal on the price. IIDA student members pay a small fee but receive equivalent value in raffle tickets. Don’t wait, register now!