IIDA Northern and Southern California Chapters needs your help!
We are establishing an internal “news bureau” to capture and promote our industry’s news – your news. (Note: We are open to compelling stories that originate from or feature non-IIDA members.)
We are embarking on an external communications effort to address 2 goals:
- Create a greater level awareness of the commercial interior design industry among the general public and major influencers
- Engage directly with California legislators to educate them about the issues and opportunities in our industry and how regulatory changes can help address those.
An important part of this communications effort is media relations. We are looking for examples of your work and work experiences that make interesting and compelling news stories in the coming 12 months. Here are some of the story ideas that we are developing and welcome your perspective/specific examples:
Pandemics and Commercial Interior Design generally
- How is the pandemic changing commercial interior design?
- How will building interiors be different than they are today?
- How do / can you design for social distancing and preventing the spread of diseases?
The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the CID Industry
- How has the pandemic affected the CID industry – and your business specifically?
- What has changed with existing in-process projects?
- Are designs changing now?
- Have smaller CID practices been affected more positively or negatively than larger firms?
- What conversations are you having within your business now and going forward?
Problems Using CID Stamps
- What is your experience working with local planning departments?
- Which jurisdictions and in what instances architects’ stamps needed for approval? Which jurisdictions are OK with your CID stamp?
- What are the problems with the design approval process you go through? Time, money, other?
Renovation of the Capitol Annex Building in Sacramento / Other Large Civic Projects
- Let us know if you are involved in any major civic projects in the next 12 months.
- Which recent or current projects you’ve worked on are standout examples of what commercial interior designers do and the value the industry delivers?
- List of projects that you recently completed or will be completed by the end of 2021. Please prioritize projects that have high public visibility and/or would be important to legislators (e.g., public buildings and buildings that have many employees / significant local economic impact; projects for high-profile or powerful clients, etc.).
Please send us specifics to illustrate your stories and share any data you have. Use this link to share your stories by April 30th.
While we are looking for stories that can eventually be publicly shared, please be assured that everything you submit will remain confidential during our vetting process. We may not be able to use every story idea that you share. If we do want to use what you have submitted, we will contact you first for further discussion.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org